Welcome to the website of the M.A. Human Rights at the Friedrich–Alexander University Erlangen–Nürnberg in Erlangen! We are an international, interdisciplinary programme covering human rights in their legal, political and philosophical dimensions. Watch the video below and browse through these pages to find out more about the programme, and meet our teachers as well as some of our students. If you have any questions about the programme, please contact us.
- Multi-disciplinary approach covering philosophy, law and politics of human rights
- International programme with students coming from 56 countries so far
- 2 semesters of lectures and seminars, 1 semester of thesis
- Faculty comprised of leading human rights academics and practitioners
- Tuition fee for the entire programme is 4.900 Euros, not including student fees
We returned to face-to-face teaching in September 2021 and continue to teach on campus. Hybrid or online participation will not be possible for the academic year 2022/2023.
Watch the video below and hear Dr. Navi Pillay, former UN High Commissioner for Human Rights and current President of the Advisory Board of the International Nuremberg Principles Academy, talking about the advantages of studying human rights close to Nuremberg.