Welcome to the website of the M.A. Human Rights at the Friedrich–Alexander University Erlangen–Nürnberg in Erlangen! We are an international, interdisciplinary programme covering human rights in their legal, political and philosophical dimensions. Watch the video below and browse through these pages to find out more about the programme, and meet our teachers as well as some of our students. If you have any questions about the programme, please contact us.
- Multi-disciplinary approach covering philosophy, law and politics of human rights
- International programme with students coming from 39 countries so far
- 2 semesters of lectures and seminars, 1 semester of thesis
- Faculty comprised of leading human rights academics and practitioners
- Tuition fee for the entire programme is 4.900 Euros, not including student fees
In light of the ongoing measures fighting the COVID 19-pandemic, all M.A. Human Rights seminars are currently taught in a digital format, but we are very much looking forward to returning to face-to-face teaching as soon as possible.
Watch the video below and hear Dr Navi Pillay, former UN High Commissioner for Human Rights and current President of the Advisory Board of the International Nuremberg Principles Academy, talking about the advantages of studying human rights close to Nuremberg.